Monday 24 October 2011

Valentino Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Paris

A petit section from my Valentino Personal Response that i wrote for my AS Textiles.
Looking at the dresses from this collection gives me a sense of stepping into a secret garden that becomes a very stylish fairy tale. I love the fact that throughout the collection the colours are pale and subtle which enhances the style of each dress that Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli have designed for this collection. In some of the garments you can see that there have been pearls, diamonds and feathers added which demonstrates eveningwear rather than just a ‘ready-to-wear’ day wear collection. As well as these beautifully flowing dresses gliding down the runway, the shoes that have been accessorized to these fairy tale garments are so sensational with lace delicately flowing up one models ankle and light pink petals on another models shoe. They coordinate and enhance every piece.00190m.jpgunknown.jpgbeen used in parts of the garments. I would like to bring these in to my final design, to show this “delicate” feel by using light delicate fabrics. The romantic soft tones of nude, rose, lavender, gold and grey with “swirling organza” around the body, beautifully tied off with a luxurious flamboyant bow, show a very contrasting side to the other collections that I have been looking at. I have made some samples that relate to this collection as well as produced and drawn a range of flowers in various fabrics to represent the petals that have


  


lotsoflove x

No comments:

Post a Comment